Embed Unicode and UTF-8 text into PCL Print Streams
The new industry-exclusive PageTech PCLMagic text driver that is included with PCLTool SDK embeds searchable text into the PCL print stream before the printer driver generates it, saving all the text in its origional searchable character set. The PCLMagic driver calls custom programs to insert Unicode and UTF-8 text into the printn stream to circumvent the way in which Windows printer drivers normally "scramble" the text within the print stream.
Using the PCLMagic printer driver to capture the text before it's scrambled and replace it with Unicode and UTF-8 text gives developers the ability to capture text in any language and extract it later downstream for file-splitting, auto-indexing, converting to fully text-searchable PDF's or re-purposing into TransPromo documents.
Combining the PCLMagic Printer Driver with the PCLTool Software Development Kit (SDK), developers and OEM's can build state-of-the-art, high-volume document management systems that are easy to customize and deploy.
PCLTool SDK Live Evaluation!
PCLMagic Printer Driver Features:
- Included with all SDK Options
- Both monochrome (PCL5e) and color (PCL5c) versions available
- Compatible with Server 2003, Vista, Win7 / Server 2008, Win8 / Server 2012
- Uses the correct Unicode or UTF-8 character cell assignments when extracting the text
- PCLMagic driver and Port Monitor installs and uninstalls easily without affecting the core SDK installation.
- Print Manager Data can also be captured by our Port Monitor and inserted into the PCL print stream as PJL comments to let our transformation tools know who generated the print file.
- The Port Monitor includes an optional PMIndexer dialog for users to add keywords, routing or other data into the print stream as PJL comments for extraction later downstream.
- PCLMagic printer driver combined with the port monitor and folder-watching HotDir programs, provides developers with powerful functions for:
Intelligent Mail barcoding
2D Datamatrix barcoding
Digital Postal Mail (Zumbox, etc.)
Hybrid Postal Mail (Click2Mail, custom, etc.)
Cloud File Sharing (Dropbox, GoogleDrive, etc.)
PCLTool SDK Conversion Technology
PCLTool SDK is a collection of programs that converts all levels of HP PCL text and vector files into bitmap formats (in-memory TIFF Gp4, in-memory DIB, PCX, DCX, BMP, PNG, PWG, JPG, XPS and TIF) or vector formats (in-memory GDI, WMF and EMF) with metrically matching TrueType fonts for those used to create the HP PCL print file. Other tools included with the SDK support the conversion of RAW EMF spool files, TEXT, JPEG and TIFF file formats.
PCLTool SDK comes with sample applications that exercise all the functions of our Transform .DLLs & Imaging .DLLs. All DLLs that come with PCLTool SDK are designed to fit into existing applications quickly and seamlessly.
PCLTool SDK Key Benefits
- Is indispensable in the development of Windows form applications that use HP PCL form overlays or as a tool for developers of HP PCL3GUI, PCL3, PCL4, PCL5, PCL5e, PCL5c, HPGL/2, PCL XL, and PCL XL JetReady applications.
- Turns laser printer output files into portable documents without the need for proprietary drivers, authoring kits, viewers, etc.
- Creates smallest PDF file size, with searchable text using our exclusive JBIG2 raster compression option. Converts download bitmap fonts into scalable TrueTypes for embedding into PDFs when converting to vector PDFs and also supports the PDF/A specification.
- Provides a valuable trouble shooting tool for technical support personnel responsible for solving printer problems for any flavor of HP PCL.
PCLTool SDK Live Evaluation!